Tuesday, January 12, 2010

Injury parte deux


It seems I never learn. A week ago Tuesday I ran in VFF's, and of course went too long and too hard, AND ran in them incorrectly. As a result I had a pretty good calf pull that was sore for a good number of days. So I thought after five days or so of no running that everything was good. (Even thought I could still feel the pain!) So Peg, me and and Steve went for a rather tame jaunt on the trails in county park.... Bad idea. A couple of miles in the calf seized up AGAIN, and rather than bag it I just kept hammering away-hoping against hope that the pain would magically disappear. No magic happened, we made it back to the car after seven or so miles, and I had real difficulty moving the calf muscle. So now it's been four MORE days, and I'm contemplating going to Virginia for the MMT/MLK back to back runs. However....if the pain doesn't let up by Thursday I'm going to can it and stay here in PA and do something small on the trails around here. I'd really like to do the MLK runs but it's just not worth it to really injure myself a month before Holiday Lakes and take myself out the the Beast series before I even get started.

Sheez, you'd think that I'd learn. Motto: Trail runners are stubborn AND slow learners.

1 comment:

  1. JR,

    Sorry to hear this. Take it easy, ice and Aleve that calf. I did this a few years ago at BRR and it cleared up in 2 weeks but I had to really cut back on the running. :-(

    ReplyDelete